Start Date: 11/9/2021 8:00 AM EST
End Date: 11/9/2021 12:45 PM EST
Venue Name: Supreme Court of the United States Location:
Washington, DC United States
PA Assn. of Criminal Defense Lawyers
PACDL's Next Generation Committee is coordinating the Small Group Admission to the Supreme Court of the United States scheduled for November 9, 2021 in Washington, D.C. Call for interested applicants will issue in late June. Applications must be submitted by end of August. The small group admission is limited to 12 individuals. Further details will follow later this year.
If the court plans to cancel any scheduled admissions due to COVID-19, we will notify you immediately. PACDL submits the individual applications in one group submission to the Court’s Director of Admissions.
Application Form. An application can be found on the Supreme Court’s website. When completing your application, please note the following:
- The first page of application should be filled out online, completed in its entirety, and printed.
- The second page of the application may be filled out online and printed or handwritten (if legible).
- All signatures must original signatures from both sponsors and applicant on the same page. Your application must be signed by two members of the U.S. Supreme Court Bar who know you personally.
- Do not STAPLE your application, your paperwork should be clipped together. Certification and Oath of Admission Sections must be signed and complete because you are part of a group admission.
- Attach your certificate of Good Standing from the state’s Supreme Court showing that you have been practicing for the past three years. Do not submit a certificate from the state bar association. Only one state court certificate is required for each applicant.
- A fee of $250.00 must be submitted with your application package. The fee must be paid by check and made payable to “PACDL.” PACDL will issue one group check payable to the Supreme Court for the admittees. Your application fee includes your admission fee and your breakfast at the Supreme Court.
A $250 fee will be charged if you cancel. The cancellation fee will be deducted from the amount paid if the applicant fails to submit the bar application with signatures from two sponsors who are members of the U.S. Supreme Court Bar or the applicant becomes unavailable to attend. Of course, there is no cancellation fee, if the admission is not held due to COVID-19.
Lodging and Parking.
An overnight hotel room block has not been reserved. There are several hotels convenient to the Court. Please note that there is no parking available at the Supreme Court.
. We anticipate that only one guest will be permitted per applicant. Children under the age of six years may not be admitted to the Courtroom.
PACDL will arrange for a court photographer for a group photo, prior to the admission ceremony.
PACDL is planning on making arrangements for a breakfast for the participants.